Try this vegan protein bowl for a filling, savoury breakfast. This recipe uses carrots, courgettes, and walnuts, giving you a nutritious, feel-good start to your day! Consider making larger batches and storing in the fridge for up to a week for when you’re on the go.
Want to add more fibre to this wholesome dish? Pair with a glass of plant milk mixed with a sachet of Acazen acacia gum powder, Alpinia’s 100% plant-based fibre supplement.
Number of servings: 1
Serving size: 400 g
- 100 g Carrots
- 150 g Courgette (zucchini)
- 100 g Tofu
- 30 g Walnuts
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Olive oil
- 4 g Pepper
- 2 g Salt
- 4 g Thyme
- Wash the carrots and courgettes. Peel the carrots and cut them and the courgette into thick elongated slices.
- Cut the tofu into cubes.
- Put the carrots in a pan and sauté with some water over medium-low heat for 5 minutes
- Add the courgettes; then add the walnuts and some oil and stir-fry for 7 minutes.
- Add the tofu and spices and fry for 5 more minutes.