Perfect for any time of day, this low-FODMAP white bread works great in a sandwich, with your favorite spread, or just on its own as a snack.
This recipe is also fibre-fueled with Acazen, Alpinia’s 100% plant-based fibre supplement!
Number of servings: 10
Serving size: 1 or 2 slices
- 550 g Plain flour, gluten-free
- 50 g Buckwheat flour
- 20 g Dry yeast
- 3 g Sugar
- 15 ml Apple vinegar
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 500 ml Water, lukewarm
- 20 g Linseed
- 10 g Acacia gum powder, 100% (Acazen)
- Mix the flour and Acazen in a bowl and make a pit in the middle. In the pit, add the yeast, sugar and 100 ml of the lukewarm water. Wait for 10 minutes until the yeast begins to bubble.
- Add the apple vinegar, olive oil, linseed and the rest of the water. Mix it and kneed for about 5 minutes, until a sticky dough forms.
- Form the dough into the desired shape and let it rest for an hour at room temperature. After an hour, the dough should be about double the size.
- Preheat the oven to 230 °C upper/lower heat. Put the dough in the oven and lower the temperature after 10 Minutes to 200°C. After another 40 minutes, coat the bread with some oil. Continue baking for another 10 minutes, then remove the bread from the oven, let it cool, and enjoy 🙂 .