This fresh-tasting galette is sure to keep you coming back for more! It features rhubarb, a perennial vegetable with crimson stalks. The redder the stalks, the riper and sweeter the vegetable. Rhubarb is full of vitamins and minerals such as vitamins C and K, potassium, and calcium, and is also a good source of fibre. When preparing rhubarb, make sure to remove the leaves, as the leaves are considered poisonous due to very high amounts of oxalic acid, which can cause health issues. However, the leaves are perfectly safe for composting and can even be used as a natural insecticide!
This recipe is also packed with flavorful, nutritious ingredients, including Acazen, Alpinia’s 100% plant-based fibre supplement.
Number of servings: 1
Serving size: 400 g
- 150 g Buckwheat flour
- 100 g Plain flour, gluten-free
- 70 g Maize flour
- 70 g Margarine
- 30 ml Maple syrup
- 2 g Salt
- 70 ml Water
- 400 g Rhubarb
- 5 g Acazen acacia gum powder
- Mix flour, maple syrup, Acazen, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the margarine and knead mixture into o a crumbly dough.
- Add the water slowly until you can form the dough into a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it chill in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Wash and peel the rhubarb. Cut it into 1 cm thick diamonds.
- Preheat the oven (top and bottom racks) to 200°C.
- After the dough has chilled, roll it onto a baking tray.
- Put the rhubarb pieces on the dough and fold the rim of the dough inwards.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
Your gut's new best friend.
Enjoy your meal with ACAZEN! ACAZEN, our gut-health-boosting fibre supplement, is 100% vegan, gluten-free, odourless and tasteless, so go ahead and add it to whatever you like! Your taste buds won’t know the difference…but your gut sure will. 😉