Number of servings: 4
Total time: ~30 minutes
- 225 g potatoes, cut into cubes
- 3 large leeks, sliced (only use the dark green part which is low-fodmap)
- 1200 ml vegetable stock (make sure it’s low-fodmap if store-bought or make your own)
- 150 ml lactose-free cream (or nondairy cream)
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- salt & black pepper, to taste
- 5 g ACAZEN Acacia gum powder
- In a large pan, heat the oil, then add the leeks and potatoes. Cook until they start to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and ACAZEN, then bring to a boil. Add the salt and pepper (as much or as little as you like), then reduce the heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow contents to cool before transferring them to a blender.
- Blend the soup until it has a smooth consistency.
- Pour the soup back into the pan and stir in the cream over low heat.
Recipe adapted from: https://aspoonfulofyummy.wordpress.com/2018/02/02/low-fodmap-leek-and-potato-soup/
Image source: https://unsplash.com/photos/o85jqFFpGzo