This vegetarian schnitzel is a schnitzel like no other. It’s made using kohlrabi, or German Turnip, which is a cultivar of wild cabbage. Kohlrabi is an excellent source of vitamin C. In fact, it has more vitamin C than oranges!
This schnitzel recipe is also packed with flavorful, nutritious ingredients, including Acazen, Alpinia’s 100% plant-based fibre supplement.
Number of servings: 1
Serving size: 300 g
- 200 g Kohlrabi
- 55 g Egg (1 egg) (OR 50 ml almond milk)
- 100 g Breadcrumbs, gluten-free
- 11 g Sesame seeds
- 100 ml Vegetable oil
- 5 g Acazen acacia gum powder
- Peel the kohlrabi bulb and cut it into 1 cm thick slices.
- Bring a pot with salted water to boil and cook the kohlrabi covered for 3 minutes. After that, pour the water through a sieve and rinse the kohlrabi with cold water.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and mix it with ACAZEN.
- Coat the kohlrabi with the eggs, then roll the slices in the breadcrumbs and the sesame seeds.
- Put the oil in a pan and fry the kohlrabi on both sides until golden brown.
The kohlrabi schnitzel pairs well with a green salad.
Your gut's new best friend.
Enjoy your meal with ACAZEN! ACAZEN, our gut-health-boosting fibre supplement, is 100% vegan, gluten-free, odourless and tasteless, so go ahead and add it to whatever you like! Your taste buds won’t know the difference…but your gut sure will. 😉