This burger can be made two ways, either using meat for a traditional beef burger, or substituting the meat with black beans for a vegan burger. Either way you choose to make it, we’re sure you’ll love it! Great for a family picnic or a sunny day outside with friends.
The best part? It’s packed with fibre thanks to Acazen, Alpinia’s 100% plant-based fibre supplement!
Number of servings: 1
Serving size: 425 g
- 3 g Garlic
- 4 g Cumin
- 5 g Mint, fresh
- 11 g Mustard
- 3 g Salt
- 4 g Pepper
- 150 g Ground beef (for the meat burger)
- 150 g Black Beans, cooked (for the vegan burger)
- 10 g Oat flakes (for vegan burger)
- 5 g Acazen acacia gum powder
- 10 g Vegetable Oil
- 1 (70 g) Burger bun (or gluten-free bun)
- Toppings (as desired): Rocket salad, tomatoes, pickles, vegan mayonnaise
- Wash the mint and chop it into little pieces.
- Peel the garlic and squeeze it in a garlic press.
- If making the meat version, use the ground beef as your base. Otherwise, if making the vegan version, substitute the ground beef with the black beans and oat flakes. Mix your chosen base with the Acazen, mint, garlic, cumin, and mustard into a smooth paste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Form 2 patties of the paste and fry them in a pan with some oil for about 5 minutes. Flip over the patties at around 2.5 minutes to evenly cook both sides.
- Meanwhile, toast the bun halves in an oven or toaster.
- Add whatever toppings you like from the vegan mayonnaise, rocket salad, tomatoes, and pickles.
Note: The burger goes great with some home-made baked potato wedges.
Your gut's new best friend
Enjoy your meal with ACAZEN! ACAZEN, our gut-health-boosting fibre supplement, is 100% vegan, gluten-free, odourless and tasteless, so go ahead and add it to whatever you like! Your taste buds won’t know the difference…but your gut sure will. 😉